Getting over the #ZaynPain
It’s hard to miss the #ZaynPain that millions of hysterical tweens are experiencing as One Direction becomes one-less direction with Zayn Malik leaving the famous boyband.
With our creative hats on here at Stand, (rather than our teenage broken hearts) we admired the lightning speed of brands, such as Marmite and Lidl jumping on the #ByeZayn hashtag which successfully broke the internet.
We didn’t stop there. A few of us even decided to put forward our very own Anthony as the next Zayn, our Microsoft Paint skills are immaculate, I’m sure you’ll agree.
Exploring a new direction isn’t just for Zayn either. If you’re looking for a fresh challenge you might be interested to know that we’re recruiting!
We’re looking for an Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager with a financial services background to join our fast growing team. Not quite the life of a One Direction star, but I like to think it’s close enough. We’ve already got the likes of Liam, Harry, Louis and Niall, so we’re looking for a Zayn to add to our London team. Singing voice is optional, but the job description below outlines what we really need…
If you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Day-to-day management of account team and delivery of account
- Using contacts and excellent media relations skills to achieve outstanding press coverage in national and specialist business, finance and property press
- Writing technical features, comment pieces, press releases and statements, web and newsletter copy
- Developing and managing small campaigns with little senior input
- Offering tactical consultancy and advice to clients
- Managing junior team members and setting goals and targets
- Looking for opportunities to grow account organically
- Profile building for Stand Agency through traditional media relations and social media
- Proactively identifying new business leads, networking, and taking part in new business meetings, research and pitches
- Outstanding media relations skills and knowledge of national and specialist financial press preferred
- A head for technical financial subjects and issues
- Excellent writing skills. An ability to write quickly and adapt style for different audiences
- Solid understanding of social media channels and tools
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, confident and enthusiastic
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to juggle to tasks and projects and manage time effectively
- Management of a junior team, including workload and personal development
- Interest in the financial and / or property sectors
- B2B and B2C financial PR experience essential
- Educated to at least degree level
Think you’ve got what it takes to stand out? Please send your CV and a covering letter to Francesca Rivett-Carnac at Stand Agency Francesca@standagency.com
Veganuary’s Top Tips: An Expert’s Guide
I first took part in Veganuary in 2018, thinking I probably wouldn’t even last...More information
The cow in the room of climate action
When I attended COP26 last year, I was not in the least bit surprised...More information
Cero Generation appoints Stand to raise profile and power a conversation about solar in Europe
Stand has been appointed by Cero Generation – the leading European solar energy developer...More information
Is making the ‘right’ choice becoming unaffordable?￼
There is no shortage of evidence out there demonstrating that citizens are more likely...More information
So… has the pandemic set us back or propelled us forward?
Last week, just days after the restrictions in England were lifted, we hosted our...More information
Wellbeing is not a one-size-fits-all approach
It’s safe to say that being plunged into multiple lockdowns across the past 18...More information