Stand Agency’s Talent Programme
We’re always on the look out for fantastic people to join our growing team.
We offer a number of paid internship opportunities each year, and for the right candidate this could lead on to a permanent position. Alongside our intern programme, we also offer shorter work experience placements.
Love PR? Well so do we!
As a Stand intern you’ll have the chance to hone your essential PR skills, get priceless experience, and the freedom to leave your mark. We’re a friendly, supportive bunch. We’ll challenge you (in a good way) and do everything we can to fast-track your development.
And even better, we’re committed to paying our interns.
You’ll be assigned a line-manager to support you during your time at Stand and a senior member of the team will mentor you too.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for bright, forward-thinking people with a passion for PR. Whether you’re a student wanting to gain some work experience, or a graduate looking to start out, we want to hear from you.
Strong writing skills and creativity are important, you need to be keen to learn, enthusiastic and willing to take on a challenge.
You need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be proactive, and juggle tasks and deadlines.
What will I be doing?
The beauty of PR is that two days are rarely the same. Typically, you might be:
- Building your digital PR skills across social media platforms
- Understanding how the media works by keeping an eye on stories that are relevant to our clients
- Fine tuning your nose for a story and proactively spotting opportunities to jump on the news agenda
- Working in account teams to develop and deliver creative campaigns
- Writing press releases, blogs and features
- Helping to plan and organise events
- Editing, proofreading, and pulling together reports, documents and presentations
Perks and fun
Life at Stand is full of fun. We work across two offices as one big team. Whether you’re in Peterborough or London you can look forward to:
- Thirsty Thursday – wine in the office post 5pm
- Fresh fruit – the fruit bowls are always well stocked
- Delicious home-baking by those in the team with culinary talents
- Location: you will be based either in our London or Peterborough office – let us know your preference
- Internship length: we’re ideally looking for people to commit to three months or more
- Hours: our standard daily hours are 9-6pm
If you’d like to experience what life is like at Stand, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us in 100 words why you’d like to be a part of team Stand.
Want to see what life is like at Stand, take a look at the blog by our current intern Holly – available here.
Is making the ‘right’ choice becoming unaffordable?￼
There is no shortage of evidence out there demonstrating that citizens are more likely...More information
Going beyond B Corp￼
In the 18 months it has taken to achieve B Corporation status our thinking...More information
Reflecting on the British Energy Security Strategy
Following weeks of speculation, leaks, and story-trailing, the UK Government released its long-awaited British...More information
Harnessing your superpower
I was diagnosed with ADHD in January 2021, whilst I was in the middle...More information
Why we’re introducing a 9-day fortnight
We believe that we work to live, not live to work, and that a...More information
So… has the pandemic set us back or propelled us forward?
Last week, just days after the restrictions in England were lifted, we hosted our...More information
Wellbeing is not a one-size-fits-all approach
It’s safe to say that being plunged into multiple lockdowns across the past 18...More information
Covid-19 has given us a harsh lesson in education inequality
Although ‘Freedom Day’ is here, Covid’s effects will, as we hear all too often,...More information
The pandemic of inequalities
Last week, the Health Foundation’s Unequal pandemic, fairer recovery report made headlines, revealing that...More information
Has the pandemic set us back 50 years, or will it propel us forward?
At its onset, Covid-19 was described as the great leveller. But the pandemic has...More information